Salsa Dancing is Back!
- Perfect for Absolute Beginners!
- Fun and easy to learn
- Get Active and Fit, a great way to exercise!
- Meet New Friends
- No Partner Required
- Awesome couples activity or date idea, if BYO partner
- There are thousands of Salsa dancers here in Melbourne to dance with
- Salsa and Latin parties almost every night in Melbourne
- You can go to any country in the world and find people to dance with
- COVIDSAFE classes
"This place is great, especially as a person who is new to Salsa. I felt super comfortable and am excited to go again! Also, the fact that the beginner classes are FREE and have no restrictions to how many you can attend is enough to go!"
"A great place to learn Latin dancing in Melbourne! Joined on my own and was welcomed by an inclusive and friendly community. I've learnt so much and made many friends. Would highly recommend The Salsa Foundation to anyone who wants to learn something different and most importantly have FUN!"
"Tried my first bachata class tonight and I absolutely loved it. Definitely coming back as a regular. I learnt so much in one day and had so much fun!"
3 days a week
Every week in Melbourne CBD
600 Little Collins St, Melbourne. Come straight from work or uni and unwind after a long day!
Absolute Beginners welcome!
Never danced before?
Our class is designed for people who have never tried before!
Couples and Singles
Bringing your own partner?
It's a great activity to do as a couple's night out!
Otherwise, rotate in with other students. A great way to meet new friends!
If you’ve ever wanted to try Salsa Dancing then here is your chance!
We guarantee you’ll have countless laughs, meet new friends, and surprise yourself with how you REALLY dance…but a WARNING: Salsa Dancing is HIGHLY addictive!
Our Salsa Beginners classes are designed to teach absolute first timers the basics of salsa dancing. You only need these 3 or 4 steps to be able to hit the floor!
Australia's Most Popular Salsa Class!
Over 60,000 attendees at our Free Beginners Salsa Class since 2008, and over 1,000 students attending classes per week!
Do I need any experience to do this class?
Do I need to bring my own partner?
What if I have my own partner?
What if I'm not a beginner?
How long does it take to get good at Salsa?
How do I find the studio?
Transportation to the studio
What Happens After Beginners?
We find that many students fall in love with Salsa, and go on to the next levels and progress further and further. Our classes run all the way up to advanced and professional level.
Some of our students have gone on to perform and compete nationally and internationally, become champions, become dance teachers, and some have gone on to start their own schools in other parts of the world!
Others fall in love with some of the other styles we dance, including Bachata and Reggaeton.
IMPORTANT COVID RELATED INFORMATION
- Due to reopening regulations, all attendees must present a double vaccinated certificate at entry. In order to be permitted to reopen, and to avoid fines, we are required to check certificates. Thank you for your understanding.
- Dancing is classified as an exercise, so masks are not required during dancing, but they are required before and after the dance class